Sunday, June 6, 2010

New addition


2 years ago, Debbie Premus of Boreayl Chinooks and I agreed to do a puppy swap in order to diversify the breeding pool of Chinooks in our area. I sent her Moonsong Lyra of Boreayl and I waited for the right puppy to bring out west to complete our 'swap'. When I heard Quest was bred to Katie, I knew this would be a great pup for my breeding program. When I saw the pups, I was impressed by their bone and substance. It was Miss White's head that sealed the deal for me though. She has the sweetest expression. That is also how I came up with her name- Boreayl's the Bee's Knees of Moonsong - call name Honey. I was so happy with the swap that we did it again! I sent Moonsong Seonee of Boreayl to Debbie and will take a puppy from one of her future litters. I have done a puppy swap with a few other breeders and have found this a great way to spread genes around the country.

Quest is a handsome male with great conformation, coat, and color

Katie is a pretty girl with a great front and nice topline

Honey has a lot of bone and substance, especially for a puppy female! Honey is a natural retriever and also loves toy parade. She always has something in her mouth Honey has a nice forechest...and big ears
Honey fit right in with the rest of the pack. She is very laid back most of the time, though I do need to stop her form hanging off the Water spaniel's ear and the Saluki's tail At 3 months she has grown quite a bitHoney is always after food. Here she is in the food bin when I went out to get dog bowls for dinner. Obviously she inherited this trait.... ...here is her mom Kati doing the same thing at Honey's age:-) Honey takes a nap with me

No comments:

Post a Comment